Ascoltando is a Italian themed non-profit organization. We operate nationwide in the US and each chapter is independent from each-other. Our fundamental principle is to collect funds in communities and keep 100% of the funds in the same community. Our criteria to select our beneficiaries must include one of the following and always prioritize the top ones:
- Hard-Of-Hearing, Deaf or Hearing Impaired
- General Disability with an interest in the arts
- General Disability with an interest in the languages
- Economic necessity to develop an artistic talent
- Artistic Talent that has a better growing potential if a contribution is made.
- General Necessity to continue the education of a language
Each chapter must follow those criteria to select their beneficiaries weather they are individuals, programs or institutions. All of our events are Italian in some way or another. The Operation of Ascoltando is sustained by Nationwide Merchandise Sales and our online Italian teaching program: "Sempre Italiano". This allows the chapters to have 100% efficiency.